Nordic on the Blog
Nordic Destinations will keep you updated on our most recent client feedback, blog posts or other events we might attend.
- The Nordic EnvironmentPosted:Feb 18th, 2019 11:30 amThe Differences Between Green, Eco-Tourism & Sustainability for the Nordic Countries
- Christmas Traditions in the Faroe IslandsPosted:Dec 19th, 2018 2:47 amWe interviewed local Faroese guide Katrin P. about traditions during the winter and Christmas holidays. Christmas in the Faroe Islands Photo Credit: Visit Faroe Islands - Ólavur Frederiksen
- The 13 Jolasveinar of IcelandPosted:Dec 14th, 2018 12:44 pmYule Lads - "Icelandic children are fortunate enough to be visited by 13 Yule Lads". Photo Credit: www.iceland.is
- Kalenderlys - A Danish TraditionPosted:Dec 13th, 2018 11:32 amThe Christmas Calendar Candle Something to read with a cup of coffee and a Wienerbrød: A Danish Tradition to make your holiday as Hygge as possible. Photo Credit: Visit Denmark -Ireneusz Cyranek
- Swedish Holidays in MinnesotaPosted:Nov 27th, 2018 2:24 amSenior Nordic Expert, Maria Sievers shares her great Swedish Pepparkakor (Gingerbread) cookie recipe and a holiday tradition. "Once a year many of my Swedish friends from around Minneapolis and I gather at my friends house and celebrate 1st of Advent. As Swedish traditions would have it there are at least 7 kinds of homemade goods that we and our children normally bake from scratch. I am usually in charge of baking the Lucia buns (saffron buns). Even more special is that this year alo[...]